CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Makin' me crazy mud pies!

I have been coordinating a wedding that took place this past Saturday, July 12th. I had a great time doing it, but my family and I are glad that it's over! :) An event like that takes a lot of time and planning, especially the couple of days leading up to it when last minute details are being taken care of. With that being said, on Friday I was on the phone A LOT discussing last minute details and confirming times for the band, photographer, hair/make-up appointments, etc. and spending a lot of time sending emails and consulting documents (rsvps, meal preferences, etc.) on the computer. I was on my cell phone with the events coordinator at the Hotel Zaza, my home phone was ringing (someone asking wedding related questions) and I heard squealing coming from the backyard. At first I thought that one of the kids was hurt, but I soon realized that the sounds were high pitched giggling. I looked out the back door and this is what I found:




Let me clarify: my children had been given permission to dig in the backyard under the fort in a spot that the sand box once was. Instead, water was added to create a royal mess! Under normal circumstances I would have found this scenario to be much more humorous than I did at the time! :) I was dressed to go to the wedding rehearsal and I had to strip my kids down and spray them off in the backyard, and change their clothes to get into my car! I remained calm(hey, I took pictures!), but I would have preferred that this had happened on a different day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Oldies, but Goodies! Such precious pictures!
XOXO Ommy

Tiffany said...

LOVE - LOVE - LOVE the slideshow!!! I sat & watched the whole thing :o)