CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 25, 2011

Gluten-Free Goodness

So, I had this fabulous plan of baking Gluten-Free cookies with Carson.  Somehow my fabulous plan turned into me actually making the cookies, which was fine, but I was wondering why I had waited several days so that I could find a time when we could do this baking together.  :)  ???  Of course once I began the mixing and stirring of the ingredients both of the kids found their way into the kitchen and  declared that the cookies looked gross and didn't I know that neither one of them like pecans?  Umm...no, I didn't know that!  ???  This was news to me, especially since the cookies are called, "Flourless Double-Chocolate Pecan Cookies."  Well, it turns out that the "batter" (which has the consistency of really runny pancake batter) was a bit tricky to deal with, so trying to manage and the batter along with Carson in the kitchen at the same time wouldn't have been a treat for either one of us!  I admit, the cookies looked weird...even when baked, but thankfully both of the kids "remembered" that they actually don't mind pecans when they are hidden amongst chocolate!




FYI:  Because of the super runny batter there was no controlling the size of these babies, which actually made them much more appealing to the kiddos!

0 comments: