We had our first family experience at the drive in movie theater this weekend. And it was definitely an experience. First of all, the theater opens it's gates at 6:30 and I had heard that you needed to get there relatively close to that time to insure that you had a "good" parking spot and to make sure that you "got in" to watch the movie. I also knew that you weren't supposed to bring food on their property. But, because of the kids' "dietary needs" :) we usually have to bring food with us just so they can eat...not all places offer items that the kids can actually eat. The drive in has a "restaurant" (read: large snack bar), so we planned on having "dinner" there and brought snacks along with us. So glad that we had something to do for 2 1/2 hours because the movie didn't start until 9:00! CRAZY! It was great people watching time! I'm also grateful that the kids had their DSIs to play with and music to listen to while we all hung out in the back of Matt's truck!!
I am SO glad that Matt had some forethought and brought chairs for us to sit in while we watched the movie in the back of the truck. :)
What about the movies? We watched Cars 2 and Christopher fell asleep within the first 10 minutes of Green Lantern (which started at 12:00)...so, because no one awake really cared to sit through another movie, we snuck away in the darkness. The kids had a great time. Matt and I enjoyed ourselves too, but next time I'd definitely bring more snacks, more comfy chairs/seating and something to do while waiting for the movie to begin. :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment