CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 18, 2011

What Burn Ban?

We were sitting inside the house when Christopher came inside and quietly asked Matt a question.  I knew Christopher must have had some "idea" brewing in his head the way that he scurried around the house and quickly rushed out the back door.  Here is what I saw soon after:
Matt and I watched Christopher from inside the house while he used a magnifying glass to try to start a fire.  Doesn't that sound like responsible parents?  ;)  I was just glad to find out that Christopher had actually ASKED permission to do this and Matt told him that he could as long as we could see him through the windows.  Matt began critiquing Christopher's efforts from inside (to me) and wanted to go outside to show him how to do it "right" in order to actually start a fire.  I insisted that he NOT do this...Christopher was busy, persistent in his efforts and entertaining himself...let's not move this process along too quickly!  The funny thing was watching Christopher move along the patio "following" the sun as it broke through the trees AND scooting Katy back so that she didn't stand in the way of the sun!  :)  Eventually Christopher did create some smoke and Matt did teach him how he could be more successful next time...I'm just hoping that Christopher remembers to ask permission again next time he decides to do this!

0 comments: