CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 22, 2010

More Testing...

I picked Carson up early from school so that she could begin "prepping" for her procedures. I seriously thought that after she downed the barium last week that the Miralax/Gatorade cocktail would be no biggie for her. What I didn't count on was what I call "Mama Drama." Definition of Mama Drama: My mom is the only one around and she is watching me, so I must be highly dramatic! When Carson drank the barium she did it in front of a nurse and for a nurse, so she acted like a 15 year old. For me, she acted like a 2 year old. :) Because there was so much drama and many tears, I have no pics of the process, but I did snap one of her yummy drink after I mixed it. Eventually she did get enough down to "cleanse" her insides. I did do my best to make the process as much "fun" as possible. She could only have liquids, popsicles and jello after 1:00 in the afternoon, so I bought all of her faves and she ate those and watched TV on a palette in the living room. We also set her up with her DS and books in the bathroom. :)
She made it through the night and was ready to start her day at Texas Children's. She decided last week that she would wear her scrubs and lab coat (her Halloween costume) this time to show Dr. Reid. :) They are also very soft and comfy! She was definitely a hit! The nurses in the GI area said that she had made their day and asked if they could go show her around to their friends. After that they referred to her as "Dr. Cabe" and kept asking her if she was going to do her own procedures.
She eventually did have to become the patient. Here she is playing her DS and waiting for the doctors.
Thankfully she was under general anesthesia for both the endoscopy and colonoscopy. Here she is in recovery afterwards.
And now leaving the hospital.

Here she is at home later in the day. She's showing off her new POOdle Webkinz that we gave her for being such a trooper. She named her POOch. :) The nurse put a wrist band on Pooch and a wrapped Pooch's other arm with green tape like Carson had on her arm for her I.V.
After the procedures we were able to speak with Dr. Reid and everything looked "normal" everywhere. We have lots of pictures of Carson's insides that they sent home with us! They took lots of samples to be tested microscopically and all of those results came back normal as well. We are so grateful! So, Carson is now being treated for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. This means that Carson still has lots of symptoms to be dealt with...that's our next endeavor.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad that she wore her scrubs!