For Christmas Eve we went to Ommy and Poppy's to eat and open presents.

Carson with her Christmas China from Ommy and Poppy.
Ommy and Poppy started a new Christmas "collection" for Christopher too! He received his first part of a Lionel Polar Express train set.

Carson teaching Aunt Jennifer how to play a game on my phone...this quickly became a competition amongst Jennifer, Matt and Carson...they even had some sort of "tournament" going on. :)
After Ommy and Poppy's we went to our church for a candlelight Christmas Eve service. If you know Christopher, you know how much he loves fire! So, let's just say that I was a bit distracted during the service because I sat next to Christopher and his candle!!! When the candle wasn't lit all he did was try to whisper questions about the candle and the lighting and about how it was going to work to me. The pastor was speaking and was describing how Jesus is the light and we have to share His light with the world, etc. Christopher leaned into me and said, "Okay, we get it, Jesus is the light and we need to spread the light...now let's light our candles!!" :) While it was certainly snotty, I was impressed that he was actually listening and did comprehend the message...all while fixating on his candle! Eventually we did light our candles and Christopher did not burn anything down, but I was paranoid about the lady who was sitting in front of us and her nice coat the entire time! Next year Matt gets the priviledge of sitting next to Christopher...I looked down the row at him and he seemed so relaxed! :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment