Today is Nursery Rhyme Day for the kindergarteners at Copeland. Because we had Nursery Rhyme day when I taught kindergarten, I've had TONS of ideas for Christopher! :) However, he didn't think any of my ideas were fabulous! All of my ideas were "embarrassing" and "my friends would laugh at me" kinds of ideas. Let me clarify, I was talking to someone who wanted to be Mr. Incredible for Nursery Rhyme Day!! After I insisted that Mr. Incredible had not been mentioned in any nursery rhyme that I was aware of, I just decided to chill and gather up a last minute "costume" to have on hand. And then, this past Monday afternoon Christopher came home and announced that he had told everyone at school that he was going to be a mouse for Nursery Rhyme day. WHAT? He INSISTED that he wanted to be a mouse, that he had committed to being a mouse and that he HAD to be a mouse. OKAY?? :) So, apparently, the following "costume" is NOT embarrassing and none of his friends will laugh at him...
I had to FORCE Christopher to get into the car to go to school! He wanted me to take pictures and pictures and pictures of him! I reminded both of the them that Carson too had Nursery Rhyme Day when she was in kindergarten and she wouldn't get dressed up and I couldn't take a picture of her either. I sent her to school with her "costume" in her backpack! Wow! Carson and Christopher are VERY different! :) I also reminded Christopher that mice are VERY quiet...so, hopefully he will have mouse-like behavior at school today too!
Lily wasn't sure what to think of Christopher's new tail. Of course, Christopher kept shaking his tail at her, so it was hard for her to not be distracted by it!




3 comments:
Ha Ha! What gets in their minds??? He looks adorable though - good job mom! See, we do need to talk more often...I have 3 mouse costumes..ears, tails, noses..that's what my kids are being for Halloween! Glad to hear that someone is stil doing Nursery Rhyme Day!!
What a Ham!
Donlee & I are literally cracking up!! That is too funny!!
Post a Comment