CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

College Cuties

Yesterday was Copeland's College Day, so the kids wore their Baylor "Gold Rush" shirts to school.



Carson has not stopped talking about Baylor and about going to college since we went to Waco on Monday. She has been full of questions and constantly telling Christopher about what college is like. :) So during our conference today with her teachers we were surprised to hear the following story: The teachers gathered together a couple of classes and talked about the colleges that they went to. Then they asked the kids to raise their hands and tell the classes what colleges their parents went to and what college they want to go to after they graduate from high school. Carson was the first one to raise her hand and the first one to answer this question. She told her teachers that her parents went to Baylor and that she wasn't going to go to college. :) NICE! So, this afternoon I asked Carson about this.
Me: "Carson I understand that you aren't planning on going to college...?"
Carson: (with a huge smile on her face) "That's right and I wrote a poem about it too!"
Me: "What?"
Carson: "I wrote a poem about how I don't want to go to college."
She didn't share her poem with me, but Matt and I quickly went into the discussion about the importance of getting a college education and we told her it doesn't matter where she goes, but she will go to college! So much for our special trip to Waco and an entire school day devoted to "college"...Carson never likes to be told what to do! :)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, Carson!

Jill said...

That's funny! Maybe you should plan some type of trip to the flipside - without a college education!!!! :)