CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baylor Beauties

Yesterday Carson, Ommy and I drove to Waco to meet Tiffany and Reagan (who drove in from Dallas) to spend the day visiting with one another, exploring Baylor's campus and to go shopping! We had a lot of fun on our extra special "girl day." We got into town a little earlier than Tiff, so we drove around campus a little bit to reminisce.

We definitely had to show Carson the condo that I lived in for 4 years! (My sophomore-my senior year and then one year after that when I taught in Waco.) Ommy and Poppy bought this condo so that Nicole and I could live here together. They sold it before Tiff made her way to Waco, but 706 Wood Avenue will always be a special Barnes Family place!

I made Carson jump out of the car and run up to get a picture! We were glad that the current residents didn't come out of the door while we were snapping pics!

The Spice Girls! :) We had fun spending time (and money!) in Spice!

We definitely had to give Carson and Reagan a tour of the campus. Carson was VERY interested in hearing all of the details about college life. She was full of questions! :) She also enjoyed hearing old college stories that Tiffany and I could remember about Matt and I, Nicole, and Tiffany and Seth from the time we spent in Wacko Waco. :)


Carson and Reagan were lifted up to take a seat with Judge Baylor.



Carson in front of Pat Neff. Carson enjoyed reading the plaques that included historical information about each statue or building. Occasionally we would walk off and she was left standing behind because she was still reading!
We had to find our brick! :) Here is Carson standing near it. There are bricks available around it to add Carson, Christopher and Reagan's names!

Reagan and Carson's footsies!
Carson and Reagan sitting near the brick. We were glad that we remembered the basic vicinity of the brick's location...there are a lot of them to read! :)

Carson looks like she's walking to class! She's walking past Draper where Nic, Tiff and I spent lots of time!
The bear was sleeping, but Carson could see it cuddled up in his cave!

We ended the day with dinner at Poppa Rollo's. Yum! Carson is still talking about the "brick" door that she had to walk through to get to the restroom! She was telling Christopher all about it this morning on the way to school.
Our little pumpkins had a long day! Reagan changed into her jammies at Poppa Rollo's for her drive back to Dallas.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Maybe we can buy back 706 Wood Ave for when Carson, Christopher & Reagan all go there!

Anonymous said...

With all due respect to the Baylor Bear and all the cubs, other voters may want to suggest that the other fine Texas universities receive consideration.... Such as Trinity University...ahem.

With love,
Guess Who?