CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Copperfield Dolphins vs. Coles Crocs

Well, we have officially survived our first "real" swim meet. The past two meets have been Time Trials and then an inter-squad meet, so this weekend was our first experience swimming against another team. It was a VERY long day...check in time was at 7:15. We didn't leave until almost 3:00! Yikes! But, the kids had a blast and did fabulously! They both improved their times on every swim. (Well, actually Christopher didn't on the back stroke, but he forgot to put his goggles on his eyes (they were on his head!) and he had a difficult time...he kept his head partially up out of the water the entire time, so we're not really counting that!)
***Yes, I realize how obnoxious my cheering sounds on the video...SORRY! I can't help myself! I will try to keep this in mind in the future, but I'm not making any promises that things will change! :)
For non swim team people: the kids have the event numbers that they are swimming written in Sharpie on their arms so that everyone can remember when to send the swimmer to their event. Here is Carson showing off her 3 events.

And here is Christopher showing off his events.
Carson is ready to swim!First up: Christopher getting ready to swim his leg of the 100 yd. Medley Relay.
Christopher swimming the breast stroke in the medley relay.
There is always time for silliness between races!

And Carson thinks it's hysterical!

Next, Christopher swims the free.
They both moved their heads when I took this pic, but Christopher was snuggling up resting on Daddy's lap! :)
Carson swimming the free! She did awesome!
Matt had to pick up the soaking wet girlie and congratulate her!
Christopher swimming the breast stroke.
He's trying to get dried off.

About the time that Carson was going to swim the breast stroke, it began pouring down rain! None of the swimmers seemed to mind, but it created some difficulty for those of us parents who were trying to video. :( So, unfortunately, I don't have video of Carson swimming the breast stroke.
Here is Christopher swimming the back stroke. Poor guy, he hasn't had the Michael Phelps training of swimming with water in his goggles (or without his goggles period!). :(
Remember I mentioned a Sharpie earlier? Well, it's popular for the swimmers to create body art (no, not tattoos!) on themselves...usually it's "Eat my bubbles" on their backs, but Christopher wanted to draw on his arms and face. We let him draw on himself if he did it where it could be covered up by a shirt without showing later. I should have taken a pic of a kid who drew a "moustache" completely around his mouth and on his lips! That made Christopher's art look tame!


Carson had to get into it too...apparently she didn't hear the "no arms" speech!Carson swimming the back stroke.
Carson resting. :) She isn't actually sleeping, but she did rest her eyes for quite a while.
And finally...Christopher swam his leg of the 100 yd. Free Relay. Sadly, his group was far behind when Christopher started, so I think he may have been the last one to finish up the race. :(
The day was exhausting, but the kids had fun and they were both ready to be toted off to separate birthday parties for the afternoon...both of which began at 3:00. Matt and I felt like we had been run over by trucks (and then rained on!), but the kids just kept going and going and going!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I finally sat down to watch the videos. The kids did GREAT! They do really well staying strong until the finish.