We had a fabulous Thanksgiving with lots of family! We spent the night at the river and drove into San Antonio on Thursday to celebrate Thanksgiving and Great Grandma Altman's 80th Birthday at Aunt Jody and Uncle Eric's house!
This is Nicole in the front seat...she and Christopher had to be separated in the car on the way into San Antonio. (No joke!!)
Carson and Christopher with Great Grandma Altman
And Great Grandma Barnes was there too!
After our meal we were treated to some entertainment by The Altman Sisters!
Aunt Jody, Mom, Aunt Tommie Jean, Great Grandma Altman and Aunt Kay.
Carson and Christopher (and the rest of the kiddos!) were entertained by digging rocks out of the front yard. Who knew that all it took to entertain them was a shovel, rocks and dirt?
Christopher was sad to leave.
And we didn't get out of San Antonio as quickly as we anticipated! While driving back to ConCan, our car completely stopped...I mean like all of a sudden all of the lights went out and we were coasting! It was fairly frightening! We were stranded on a dark access road and we were grateful that Ommy and Poppy hadn't left San Antonio yet! They rescued us! The crazy part was that Dad had his truck and ALL of their "river stuff," so SEVEN of us rode from San Antonio to ConCan in Dad's truck! While the beginning of the ordeal was stressful, in the end it was rather humorous! Matt, Nic, the kids and I all stuffed into the backseat was VERY cozy!
Matt and Dad trying to figure out where everything (and everyone) was going to fit!
Getting cozy in the backseat.
Yay! The tow truck is here! Matt was waving to me (indicating for me to get back into the truck) when I got out of the truck to take pictures...I thought it was so nice that he was trying to make sure that I was safe...no, it turns out he was embarrassed by my paparazzi-like behavior! His shooing me back into the truck really meant, "put the camera away!"
Christopher is sleepy! We got to the river eventually!




4 comments:
Such fun we had and thank you Shea for getting this video. Love, Aunt Kay
now...now....there really was a reason I was asked to sit in the front. - nicole
nic, i knew we'd get a comment out of you! :)
I still think that is just crazy about your car!! Ford needs a call regarding that one!!
Post a Comment