The kids, Nic and I were so excited to be spending our Hurrication at the Frio River! It was SO nice! :) There were hardly any people around, so the river was VERY quiet! (except for the Cabe kids!) We were grateful to be staying somewhere with electricity, water and entertainment!
We spent a WHOLE LOT of time in the H.E.B. parking lot in Hondo...getting groceries coming and going (remember--no perishable food in Houston!). We had two kids and two dogs...none of which were allowed into H.E.B., so Nic and I shopped in shifts. And then, of course, once we loaded everything up someone had to go to the bathroom! :) Here is CLC with one of Linda Sue's lampshades on his head (don't worry Linda Sue...they are fine!)...free parking lot entertainment!
The evening we arrived we took a walk down to the river...they weren't supposed to get wet so that we could unpack, but that usually doesn't work out so well! :) They had to skip rocks and touch the river to see if it was cold.
Christopher and Carson played baseball with a stick and a rock. Carson could pitch to Christopher only! :) CLC's aim at Carson's head is too good!
We decided to "hunt for treasure" with a metal detector. This was a great idea! They could find coins and the metal detector even told you the face value of the coin and how deep to dig to find it! Too bad no one wanted to take the time to dig!
Carson was more patient than Christopher and actually really tried to find money! :)
The kids always enjoy the tire swings! This time they played basketball using a soccer ball and the two tire swings as their hoops. :) I love to watch them play! (especially when they are not hurting one another!)
Christopher caught a catfish WITH HIS MINNOW NET! :) He is always catching minnows, but this time he went for something a little bigger! He was across the river from me and yelled, "I caught a fish!" I hardly looked up from my book until he continued screaming, "A real fish! Look!" Sure enough, a catfish about 8 inches long was partially "folded up" into his minnow net!
We also caught fireflies! I don't remember ever seeing this many at the river! There were tons. So, the kids caught them and put them into empty water bottles. They used them as night lights at bedtime and then Carson and I released them. She wanted to let them go, but she cried when we got inside. :( She really wanted to keep them!




6 comments:
Hey,I Came up with that combination. [hurrication]
carson
hey little smarty pants...yes, you did, but it turns out other people are using it too! :)
So glad you all were safe ~ wish Ommy & Poppy could have been on the Hurrication with you!
XOXO Ommy
Fun! Good thing hurricanes don't visit rivers!!
That 3rd pic on the tire swing is total Christmas card material!
Oops, I mean the 4th pic. :)
she has a hot lil arse
Post a Comment