CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Our Hunted House

Usually I get the kids some small gifts for Halloween. This year I ended up buying only books for them and after I gathered everything up I realized that these gifts weren't going to be very exciting for the kids to open and receive. So, I had an idea...we had a "Hunted House." I came up with some rhyming-ish clues and had the kids hunt inside and outside to find their gifts. They really seemed to enjoy it. We usually don't spend this much time on our Halloween gifts, but Halloween was on a Saturday and Christopher's soccer game wasn't until 12:30, so we had plenty of time in the morning for our hunt.



We had to establish some ground rules...this was NOT a race...both of them had gifts at each spot and they had to alternate who would be the reader of the clues.





































At the end of the day (after ALL of the festivities of the day) without prompting Christopher told me that he had really liked the Hunted House and he wondered if I made the clues up all by myself. :) Okay, it was worth it. :)

0 comments: