CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Turtle Time

One of the favorite things that the kids love to do now is catch turtles. They find them everywhere! This grossed me out at first (yes, I know that they "carry diseases"), but they love it and I constantly make them wash their hands and we don't have any disease yet! :)

They catch them out in the "way back" or as Christopher refers to it "the 2nd acre," but Carson wanted to see if the turtles wanted to swim.

They found these 3 one day and named them!
Christopher decided that he and daddy should build something to keep the turtles in...a plastic tub wasn't going to cut it!
He's showing me some BBs.
Here's Carson next to the makeshift "turtle enclosure."

Since this time the kids have released many turtles and then caught more to replace them. I have decided that all of this is Turtle Torture. I think that all turtles should be left where they are found! However, I now cut up fruit to give to the turtles and have purchased turtle food. The turtles now also have a more permanent home. The enclosure that they built originally was too low and the turtles crawled on one another's backs and escaped!!

0 comments: