CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The First Day of School

Both of the kids had a good first day of school! Because I am Christopher's homeroom mom, I was in and out of his class all morning long and he seemed to be doing great! We don't have any bus pictures yet because I was also a "bus buddy" at the end of the day and I got to have the fabulous experience of riding the bus home with 64 kids. We did not get off at our stop so that I could help the bus driver during the remainder of the bus route. Christopher was VERY disappointed that I wouldn't let them get off of the bus and walk home themselves while I continued riding the bus! :) I will ride the bus until Wednesday and we'll get bus pics on Thursday. Christopher has been waiting to ride the bus since Carson began doing it in the first grade. This was seriously the highlight of his day. :) Carson had a great day too. I can tell that she really likes her teacher because she couldn't stop talking about her! I know all about Mrs. Sliker's family! :) Carson was also excited about helping Christopher get to his class in the morning. They agreed that she would walk him to a place in the hall, that he would walk the rest of the way to his class himself and then he would wave at her so that she could continue walking to her class. Listening to them coordinating their plan was priceless!
Christopher is ready for kindergarten!

His gingerbread man is ready too!
Carson is ready for Third Grade!

And this is for Ommy.... :) We had to include a cute shoe pic!
The kids waiting patiently in the car...the drop off line and traffic surrounding the school was the worst that I have EVER seen it! It was extremely chaotic! But, the kids didn't seem to notice.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you both had a GREAT first day of school! I can't believe how big you guys are getting!!!

Jill said...

YAY! I have been checking waiting for the first day pics. They both looked adorable. Carson looks SO cute in her glasses - I haven't seen them yet! I appreciate the cute shoe pics too! :) Let's chat soon!