CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Human Beans

Yesterday the kids swam and then ate lunch outside on the patio. In between the time of me putting their plates down onto the table and walking back and forth into the house to get drinks and other items I overheard this conversation:

Carson: Eating black beans. (one of her faves!)
Christopher: You know when you're eating those beans, it's like your eating yourself.
Carson: What? I'm eating black beans.
Christopher: I know, but you're a human and you're eating beans, so you're eating yourself.
Carson: Shrugging, looking confused.
Christopher: You're a human bean, so you're eating yourself.
Carson: She starts laughing. I'm not a human bean...I'm a human BEING.
Christopher: Looking confused.
Carson: You know, BEING, like you are BEING mean to me....I'm not saying you're being mean, I'm just using it as an example.


Eventually this led to an argument that I had to referee and then I had to clear up the fact that yes, we are in fact human BEINGS and not human beans! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed out on this exciting conversaton. They are too cute!

Exum Family said...

That is hilarious!!! Aren't you glad that you wrote that one down! I'm so happy to have your blog. Matt sent the link to Jason. We are looking forward to seeing you guys in September! Adrienne Exum