CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Family Bike Rides







This past weekend we had our first official "family bike ride." This is something the kids have been asking to do for a while, but we wanted to wait until we really knew that they could ride their bikes well and that they would follow directions while on the bike ride. "Family bike ride" means that all family members participate...just like "Family tuck-in," "Family movie night," and "Family game time." All family members must be present and accounted for. This is sometimes quite hectic when we are all in one bed and trying to get the kids to sleep, but the kids like it! So, the family bike ride took us all around our neighborhood, stopping at two parks along the way and inspecting the "neighborhood" garden too. The kids take turns being the leader...one child, Matt, one child and then me. Carson is excellent at being the leader. She rides at a fairly steady (sometimes slow) pace. Christopher is quite erratic as the leader, but he is working at being more consistent...he likes to go super fast and then rides slowly. Attempting to keep us all in line with his leadership is a sight to see, I'm sure!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to request a picture of Shea & Matt on their bikes!

The Cabe Family said...

We don't take requests, especially if they are anonymous ones!!

Tiffany said...

I would also like to see pictures of Matt & Shea...and I'm not anonymous :o)