My children have seen rivers, ponds, lakes, creeks, but never the ocean. Why? Why, because there is SO much sand. So much sand that sticks to you. So much sand that gets into your clothing, your car, your food. So much sand that itches. AND, have you seen Galveston? NOT the most attractive of beaches. The water is murky and definitely NOT clear. What is in that water? What is swimming below? I don't know. And I really don't want to know. Have you ever heard of sharks? Have you ever seen Jaws? Sharks can attack in 3 feet of water. I know because I've watched Discovery Channel's Shark week. And what about that under tow/tide that can pull you out into the sea? Some of Christopher's favorite shows are "I shouldn't be Alive" and "I Survived." I have never once seen one of these shows where people were lost in a pond or a lake...they are always tossed out to sea. Clearly I have some issues about the beach. But, after today I'm pretty sure that we'll be returning more often than I'd like. One of the first things Carson said when we were driving along the seawall was, "Why haven't you ever brought us here when we live so close? I can't believe this!"
Today we went to Galveston to have pictures taken of the kids and pictures taken with their cousins. Unfortunately I don't have pics of all the cousins, but I did take pics of Carson, Christopher and E. after the photo session was over. Another funny thing to mention is that we met our fabulous photographer at Murdoch's on the seawall because we took pics there and around that area. Our kids didn't really even see "nice" parts of the beach! After the photo session we decided to continue to hang out there rather than go to another beach because it was nice for E. to have some shade under the pier and the kids could have cared less what the beach looked like! They were ALL about being in the water!
Here they are in Murdoch's....of course, they had to switch places and take two photos!
Christopher catching his wave.
I cannot even begin to tell you how many "beach" questions I got asked by Christopher on our way home! SO many questions about tides, different oceans, surfing, animals, etc. He is definitely hooked! I went home and googled "shark attacks in Galveston"...I wasn't happy with what I discovered. ;)




0 comments:
Post a Comment