The kids, Nic and I went to the river for Spring Break. The first weekend of Spring Break the weather was beautiful! The sun was shining and it really was HOT outside in the sun. I would not have ventured into the water (although other people did), but my kiddos couldn't wait to get in!
Carson ready to catch some minnows!

Christopher with his minnow net in tow.

(And a water bottle to put the minnows into once he caught them.)

Skipping rocks...

A sweet sibling story: Carson went back up to the house before Christopher and I did. She left her minnow catcher under our watch when she left. When Christopher and I decided to head back to the house, Christopher checked Carson's minnow catcher and she hadn't caught any minnows. Christopher, on the other hand, had caught several that he had in his water bottle. So, he devised a plan. :) He told me, "I'm gonna be sweet to Carson." :) He put his minnows from his water bottle into Carson's minnow catcher before we headed back up to the house so that Carson would think that she had successfully caught 3 minnows. :) SO loving...for like 3 minutes!

Carson didn't get quite as far into the water as Christopher did. :) It IS called the
FRIO river.

It was a perfect day for flying kites!
0 comments:
Post a Comment